We need a good solid ‘Python Resource’ who has multiple years of experience in developing applications using Python. Having knowledge and ability to work with Big Data technologies will be a plus. Some one who can articulate design/solution using best practices in Python and question current state when needed and bring in best practices and educate others to increase their skills as well. This resource should be a self starter, not needing directions, and be able to drive the conversations with a group of people and demonstrate strength and confidence etc.
Senior Python Engineer
- Perform all phases of software engineering including requirements analysis, application design, code development and testing
- Design and implement product features including reusable components, frameworks and libraries in collaboration with business and IT stakeholders
- Work very closely with architecture groups and drive solutions
- Participate in an Agile/Scrum methodology to deliver high-quality software
The complexity of this role can be challenging. We deal with huge amounts of data across our entire enterprise. Everything you work on will have implications that impact others. We’ll provide the most up-to-date technology, but you’ll need to provide creativity, critical thinking and clarity on an every day basis.
To be considered for this position, applicants need to meet the qualifications listed in this posting.
- 4+ years of Python development experience
- Shell scripting experience
- Hands-on experience in RDBMS
- Proven experience using Agile/Scrum methodology
- Expertise across the entire Software Development Life Cycle
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent experience
- Experience with Big Data
- Substantial knowledge/experience leveraging a variety of libraries (for example, those applicable to machine learning)
- Understanding of SOA design principles
- Working knowledge of APIs
- Experience in the health care industry