3-6 months C2H/Contract
Our client is seeking a Mid to Senior PHP Developer to join their team. This group is focused on delivering SaaS solutions to a variety of corporate clients. These applications and solutions are complex, so the ideal candidate will possess experience doing complex development that might include heavy data calculations, file loads, reporting and data visualization, and high availability. As part of a collaborative team of developers, he/she will focus on brand new development, enhancements to existing sites, and some light production support/bug fixes. He/She should have a penchant for generating high quality software solutions in a fast paced environment, balancing business needs with a solid commitment to development excellence.
- BA/BS in Computer Science or other related field preferred and 3+ years’ overall programming experience.
- 3+ years’ experience developing web-based solutions, with demonstrated expertise in PHP programming.
- Deep understanding of/prior hands-on experience with PHP development, as well as experience with either/both Laravel and/or Yii frameworks.
- Experience working with AWS and developing or integrating with micro services.
- Strong understanding of MySQL and proficiency in writing SQL queries.
- Experience developing scalable applications.
- Ability to create modular / reusable code.
- Familiarity with application security and privacy for healthcare and other types of restricted applications.
- Knowledge of/experience applying industry standard design patterns for web application development.
- Strong SDLC knowledge/experience.
- Experience using distributed version control systems (git, mercurial, etc.).
- Experience researching and implementing APIs.
- Ability to optimize web applications to maximize reliability and speed.
- Proven leadership and mentoring skills to guide team mates is strongly desired.
- Excellent verbal/written/interpersonal communication skills, strong listening skills, and solid analytical and problem solving skills.