Location: New York City
As one of the developers in Digital Applications, you will be building and supporting the next generation education applications for mobile and desktop web. The individual will be a key member of the team that assists in the requirements collection and analysis, software design, development, troubleshooting, implementation and enhancement of new and existing software in Java. In additional to software development, you will also be contributing your expertise to our agile process and test driven development.
• Must be familiar with data structures and algorithms and can apply them in practice.
• Must have 5 – 7 years of hands-on development experience and must have experience with one of the following programming languages: Java, Scala or Python
• Must have 2 – 3 years of experience in at least one responsive UI frameworks such as ReactJS, AngularJS or EmberJS.
• Must have 2 – 3 years in one of service-oriented architectures such as SOAP RPC or REST
• Must have 2 – 3 years of experience with relational or NoSQL databases such as MySQL or Oracle, DynamoDB, Cassandra. Experience with both relational and NoSQL is a big plus.
• Must be familiar with at least one of IOC, inversion-of-control frameworks such as Spring Framework (e.g. Spring Boot)
• Must have at least 3 years of experience in one of popular agile practice, such as, Kanban, XP, TDD or Scrum.
• Must have experience with some open source tools/frameworks for Agile processes such as Jenkins and Maven
• Experience with some test driven development tools and techniques: Mockito, REST-assured, Cucumber, and JMeter.
• Exposure to build application services on Amazon cloud services (AWS) or other cloud environments.