Mid Level Java Developer
Location: West Valley City, Utah (Salt Lake City area)
Type: 6-month CTH
• Perform all phases of software engineering including requirements analysis, application design, code development and testing
• Design and implement product features in collaboration with business and IT stakeholders
• Design reusable components, frameworks and libraries
• Work very closely with architecture groups and help innovate and drive solutions
• Participate in an Agile/Scrum methodology to deliver high-quality software releases every 2 weeks through Sprints
• Design and develop innovative solutions to meet the needs of the business
• Review code and provide feedback relative to best practices and improving performance
• Troubleshoot production support issues post-deployment and come up with solutions as required
• Mentor and guide other software engineers within the team
Knowledge & Experience
• Analyzing applications and associated code — making performance tuning recommendations to developers.
• Proven experience in overseeing the design, development, and implementation of software systems, applications, and related products.
• Proven experience with systems planning, security principles, and general software management best practices.
• Excellent understanding of the organization’s goals and objectives.
• Knowledge of applicable data privacy practices and laws.
• Excellent project management skills.
• Excellent written, oral, and interpersonal communication skills. Ability to communicate ideas in both technical and user-friendly language.
• Ability to conduct background research into systems issues and products as required.
• Highly self-motivated and directed, with keen attention to detail.
• Proven analytical and creative problem-solving abilities.
• Experience installing, configuring and troubleshooting Java code in Windows and Linux based environments (physical and virtual).
• Able to prioritize and execute tasks in a high-pressure environment.
• Strong customer service orientation.
• Ability to work in a team-oriented, collaborative environment.
• Experience with framework and API design
• Experience working in an Agile/Scrum development environment
• BS/MS degree in Computer Science, Engineering or equivalent related experience
• Experience with Service Oriented Architecture /Web Services – SOAP (JAX-WS) and REST
• Expertise working with MVC Frameworks like JSF, Struts, or Spring MVC
• Knowledge with Markup Languages like XML and JSON
• Expertise in agile and scrum development cycles
• Software debugging experience
• Solid experience in the administration and performance tuning of application stacks (e.g.,Tomcat, JBoss, Apache, Ruby, NGINX)