Location: New York City
As one of the developers in Digital Applications, you will be building and supporting the next generation education applications for mobile and desktop web. The individual will be a key member of the team that assists in the requirements collection and analysis, software design, development, troubleshooting, implementation and enhancement of new and existing software running on LAMP stack with AngularJS, . In additional to software development, you will also be contributing your expertise to our agile process and test driven development.
• Must be familiar with data structure and algorithms and can apply them in practice.
• Must have experience in one of popular agile practice, such as, Kanban, XP, TDD, Scrum.
• The individual must be familiar with one of service-oriented architectures such as SOAP RPC or REST, any IOC, inversion-of-control, framework such as Spring
• Must have experience with some open source tools/frameworks for Agile processes such as Jenkins, Maven, Mockito, REST-assured, Cucumber, and JMeter.
• Must have experience with PHPUnit and Phockito as well.
• Must have experience with MySQL and familiar with triggers and stored procedures, as well as experience in optimizing queries.
• Must have experience with at least one responsive UI framework such as ReactJS, AngularJS or EmberJS.
• Exposure to Amazon cloud services (AWS), any other programming languages such as Python, R, or Scala, NoSQL database such as DynamoDB or Cassandra is considered a plus.