Lead Java Developers should have demonstrated competencies in the following areas:
• Proven ability to design applications to meet complex business problems.
• Proven ability to solve programming problems and debug code using multiple programming tools.
• Demonstrates a solid understanding and proficiency in the technologies BIW uses and have the ability to maximize their use for coding and tuning and to provide direction to others working in these technologies.
• Able to review thread dumps, server and applications logs to identify and support application issues.
• A ‘team player’, demonstrating organizational commitment and supporting the division’s technical direction.
• Proven ability to manage timelines.
• Good understanding of the business segment concepts such as participants, awards, promotions etc.
• Ability to provide accurate time estimates on project components.
• Excellent communication (written and verbal), listening, analytical and problem solving skills.
• Good understanding of the various stages of an application lifecycle.
• Experience managing source code using GitHub.
• Experience in Agile and automated/continuous integration environments.
• Being proactive in learning new technologies.
• Previous experience in a rapid application development environment.
Advanced Level of Experience in the following:
• OO Design and Programming
• Experience with any Application server, like Glassfish
• Experience with Struts 1 & 2, and Tiles frameworks
• Developing industry standard persistence mechanisms like: JDBC, Hibernate, EJBs etc.
• Applying industry standard Design Patterns for web application development
• Using unit testing frameworks like JUnit, Cactus Or similar
• Working knowledge of Oracle databases
• Bachelor’s degree or equivalent in Computer Science or other related IT field.
• Minimum of 8 years overall programming experience using J2EE or similar.
• Candidates who possess a Master’s degree in Computer Science or other related IT field, with 6 or more years of programming experience using J2EE or similar will also be considered.
• Experience in a similar industry will be preferred.