The Senior Applications Developer’s responsibilities include:
- Reports to the Director of Applications Development, eCommerce.
- Work as technical leads and architects and write and implement technical specifications related to the company’s web initiatives.
- Work with other members of the Applications Development team to implement technical specifications.
- Work with functional groups both internal (e.g., project management, network operations.) and external (e.g., corporate IT) in order to provide tightly integrated solutions between the web applications and the legacy backend systems.
- Be well-versed in the technologies chosen for developing client’s web application solutions (e.g., J2EE applications, ecommerce, Demandware, Node JS, Solr Search Engine , Ajax, Spring, Struts, WSO2, LDAP, Databases).
- Write and review application code for web/eCommerce applications.
- Design and build applications for scalability and redundancy.
- Adhere to industry standards and client-defined guidelines and principles for software engineering.
- Provide technical guidance to more junior members of the development team.
- Write documentation as needed.
- Continue to develop technical skills and learn new technologies as needed.
This individual will:
- Implement (i.e., design, develop, unit test) technical solutions for web and eCommerce applications based on the functional requirements.
- Should be able to create technical specifications for the business requirements end to end.
- Adhere to project scope and timelines and able to guide the development, qa, database and networking and security teams with the solution.
- Should be able to implement and select necessary tools for Engineering Best Practices for quality, code coverage and automation,
- Support and maintain eCommerce applications involving integrations with payments, tax, promotions, inventory, order processing and shipping.