Role: Technical Architect
Contract type: C2C, W2
Visa type: USC, GC, H1B
Duration: 6 months with possible extensions
- Provide technical leadership for a large team of software engineers through communication, documentation, and example.
- Design, code, test, debug, and document software in an agile environment, including application framework components for use by the development team and business components when it intersects with new technology direction.
- Collaborate with other teams in the organization to define supporting infrastructure and software tools needed to run and monitor software in a large scale environment.
- Learn and analyze new technologies and industry best practices to identify suitability for adoption by the development team.
- Contribute to the design and architecture of software and infrastructure to ensure projects meet goals for security, scalability, maintainability, availability, and resiliency and should be able to clearly articulate and present the implications of design/architectural decisions, issues and plans to leadership.
- Develop reusable patterns and encourage innovation that will enable team velocity.
- Drive a quality mindset within the team.
- Excellent analytical and creative problem solving skills.
- Independent/go-getter attitude to stay well-versed with new evolving technologies and apply this knowledge to improve the software we are developing now or in future.
- Experience with all aspects of application development.
- 2+ years of technical leadership experience.
- 6+ years of application development experience.
- Strong hands-on experience with Java SE and the Spring Framework.
- Demonstrated success in building design patterns and software engineering best practices.
- Experience building APIs using a microservices architecture.
- Experience developing cloud application architectures.
- Experience with tools supporting DevOps and Continuous Delivery.
- Experience in complex projects with division or company-wide scope.
- Experience with commercial software development and/or healthcare industry experience.
- Experience designing systems for extremely high availability with 99.999% up time.
- Experience in projects requiring application re-engineering, modernization.
- Experience with automated unit testing technologies (such as JUnit, Spock, or similar).